Auto creation of subtasks when the parent issue is created

srikanth August 28, 2019

Auto creation of five  sub-tasks should create,  when the parent issue is created.

suppose i have 5 different groups as group A, group B, group C ,group D and Group E

When the five sub tasks are created automatically each sub task should assign to single group such as Subtask1 should assign to groupA, Subtask2 should assign to GroupB, Subtask3 should assign to GroupC, subtask4 should assign to GroupD, subtask5 should assign to groupE, can we acheive this by using only Scriptrunner plugin?

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2019

You will need an addon. I use Automation for Jira but there are any number of addons - Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, recurring tasks, etc.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2019

Hi @srikanth,

@Jack Brickey is correct, if you are using Jira server, I'd recommend trying Quick Subtasks for Jira, as it's a free add-on so it should be an easier process to get installed and start using.

Just my two cents.

srikanth August 28, 2019

Can you please help me using Addon scriptrunner.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/create-a-subtask-and-link-to-parent-issue-in-jira has a script that creates a sub-task (you can remove the bits that create a link though, I personally think that's a waste of time because a sub-task is already part of the parent)

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events