Audit Log

Kim Killen April 4, 2024

Morning. Can someone please fill me in regarding the meaning of operation details within the audit log? 

Event Category: issue type scheme

Change Summary: Issue type scheme updated

Changed Object: Default Issue Type Scheme (migrated 3)

Then Operation Details: See screenshot below

Associated to Projects: lists hundreds of project ID's with a strikethrough

Associated to issue type(s): All issue types

What does the Associated to project(s) tell me? When this change was made were these the affected projects? And the strikethrough indicates the change was made to said project? 

Thanks. Screenshot 2024-04-04 091514.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi @Kim Killen and welcome to the Community,

it looks like someone dis-associated all these projects from said Scheme. By dis-associating projects from a custom Issue Type Scheme, they will be associated with the Default Issue Type Scheme automatically as every project needs to be associated to one at all times.

By the name and the number of the projects I guess this has been a cleanup action by one of your admins, moving the projects from a temporary scheme back to the Default?

Red and striked-through = deleted -> in this case dis-associated

Kim Killen April 4, 2024

To confirm, you're saying that all of these projects were dis-associated from Default Issue Type Scheme (migrated 3) and because they have an unassigned scheme, they're automatically associated to whatever our default scheme is? 

If so, how do I fix it? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

The Default Issue Type Scheme contains all Issue Types that are configured in your system and cannot be edited. Hence the name "Default" ;) 

The projects are never unassigned - they were moved to the Default scheme immediately with no state in between when they were dis-associated from the "migrated 3" scheme.

You can associate the project(s) with different schemes: Associate issue types with projects | Atlassian Support

Kim Killen April 4, 2024

So you're saying our default scheme is NOT "Default Issue Type Scheme (migrated 3)"? 

All of those projects were dis-associated from the migrated 3 scheme? How can I tell which scheme they are now associated to? OR to ask another way - how can I tell what scheme is our true default scheme?

Sorry, I'm new to the company and trying to learn Jira at the same time as trying to manage Jira. There's no administrator here so I'm learning as I go!

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2024

Go to Administration > Issues > Issue Type Schemes

You'll see all Schemes as well as associated projects. The default Scheme is always called Default Issue Type Scheme.

Also, I highly recommend checking out the Atlassian University courses or finding a Solution Partner close to you that can help with any questions and configurations.

This docu is written for Data Center but the structure is still the same in Cloud and the graphic is super helpful: Project screens, schemes and fields | Administering Jira applications Data Center 9.15 | Atlassian Documentation

Kudos for finding the Audit log then ;) not the first thing I learned when starting out.

Kim Killen April 4, 2024

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've looked into several courses and plan to take the administrator one when it becomes available on 5/1. 

Also, the structure graphic is exactly what I needed! 

Thanks again. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events