Atlassian Suite Upgrade

Colin McCudden September 6, 2017

Hello All,

I am looking at upgrading our Atlassian suite of Products - Confluence (v 5.6.5 to 6.3), Jira (v6.3.12 to 7.0 to 7.4.2) & Stash (v3.10.0 to Bitbucket 5.3).

I am planning on upgrading the products one at a time. Potentially with days between the different applications depending upon slots I can arrange with users. I just want to check - is there any interdependency between the different products? We would potentially be running Jira 7.4.2 alongside Confluence 5.6.5 for a short period. I am worried that this may affect the Application links that are currently in place between the Applications.

As discussed above - my approach is to upgrade the Applications one at a time, with time gaps in between. I plan to do this in the following order
a) Stash to Bitbucket
b) Jira 6.3.12 to 7.4.2
c) Confluence 5.6.5 to 6.3

I would prefer to do them one Application at a time if possible, however I am prepared to upgrade them all at the same time if that is necessary.

Has anyone been faced with a similar situation - I am sure you have. I would be interested to know anyone else's approach.

Many Thanks

Colin

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Your application links will be fine with these versions, they don't change the underlying mechanisms enough to warrant deleting and re-establishing the links.

The only bit that will fail is where a recent product expects one of the others to support a clever action, but the target is too old to have it.  It will fail and tell the users why.  With your versions though, I don't think you'll have to worry too much.  Existing cross-application functions will work fine.

Suggest an answer