At a transition in my workflow, i have added a screen which reflects a multi-choice field, where i c

At a transition in my workflow, i have added a screen which reflects a multi-choice field, where i can select one of the company's ERP to which the issue belongs to. Can i have an option to display this chosen ERP to everybody who moves further in that workflow??

1 answer

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 17, 2017

Hello,

You should add this multi-choice field to the issue view screen. In this case if someone sets a value for the field, it will be seen in the issue view screen. You can read more how to manage issue screens here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-828787857.html

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Already done that. Wanted to know if someone selects a value for that field, is it possible somehow to get that value reflected at every other step after that.

What do you mean by reflecting?

Like if the user selects a value for the filed, that value must be seen in every step that follows.

Eg. I have a multi-choice field, i select a particular value for that filed. That particular value must be visible at every step the issue passes through.

Do you mean that the field must be seen on all transaction screens? E.g. when you want to move your issue from one status to another, you should see the field on the transaction screen?

yes.. and without any option to change it.

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 18, 2017

You can not do it out of the box. 

If you are on Cloud, I believe you can not do it.

If you are on Server/Data Server, then you can use Adaptivist Scriptrunner plugin. There a functionality which is called bahaviours. You can set a field as read only for a transaction screen without any coding. You can read more here

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.2.4/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Thank you so much :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

151 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you