Associating custom field to a JIRA project

Mohan Krishnan April 1, 2014

Hello ,

We are using JIRA 6.0 and clearcase for our development workflow . We have a super project - program A , which has multiple sub-projects or development lines B,C and D . All the 3 B,C and D subprojets have different clearcase stream hierarchy i.e the issues targeted to B,C and D will go to different clearcase stream . i want to have couple of custome fields associated to B,C and D sub projects -

Clearcase stream to which the issue should be delivered [ Can be a list of streams ]

A field CR_deliver_release to restrict delivery to the specified release tag - If we have planned 5 releases for a project - ED1, ED2 ....ED5 and want to specify that currently only ED1 and ED2 activities can be delivered .

I am looking for these custom field on a project level .

Kindly provide your thoughts .

Thanks ,

Mohan

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

This is a standard "use a custom field and give it several contexts" task. Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Fieldand check out the "context" part which lets you configure fields differently by project/issue-type

Suggest an answer