Assigned to me option not working while creating issues

surbhi_kaushik November 15, 2018

Hi,

I am facing an issue with "Assign to me" option available with assignee field on create issue screen.

While clicking on Assign to me it show the user name but after creating the issue, assignee field still has unassigned value.

User trying this has both "assignable user" and "assign issue" permissions.

Please help to find the root cause.

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

Surbhi,

Look into your permission scheme, especially "assignable user" and "assign issue" permissions.

Whoever is being assingned to issues must have "assignable user" permission. The assignee on the other hand should have "assign issue" permissions.

victor

surbhi_kaushik November 16, 2018

Hi Victor,

Thanks for replying but like I mentioned earlier, user has both "assignable user" and "assign issue" permissions.

User Darren is trying to assign the issue to himself has both above permissions through Project Role "Project Team".

Permissions.PNGProject Role.PNG

Charlie June 23, 2020

Hi @surbhi_kaushik ,

Because I am facing the same issue now  wanted to ask you, if you resolved the above mentioned issue already. If yes, can you help me or what was the resolution.

Thanks for answering.

Suggest an answer