Assign/remove specific user from specific project

Lilly November 14, 2012

I wanted to know if it's possible to manage users per project? In one of my projects, I want to give access to only 2 of all the users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

at least the users role.

people in this role are allowed to view the project.

depending on your permission scheme you could define very comfortable what project role members are able to do.

if you want to create special permissions then maybe its a good plan to create a new permission scheme for your project where you only want to consider project roles instead of user-groups like "jira-users, jira-developers, jira-administrators"

because every active user who is able to login to jira must be in "jira-users" the default permissions allow project view access to anybody in this group. to avoid this create the new scheme and assign it to your project. then remove groups from the new scheme in the roles tab and add only the persons you want.

try only editing the roles of your project. clear the groups in developers and users then add your users you want to access

for more details check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

use the project roles

Lilly November 14, 2012

In the project roles, I see the 3 regular roles: users, developers and administrators. If I wont add any user to any of these roles, no one will see the projects?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events