Assign "JIRA SOFTWARE" to a group?

Maik Oblong December 2, 2019

How can I assign "JIRA SOFTWARE" to a group?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

I think you mean you want to grant Jira Software access to a group, so the people in the group can log in and use the Software functions. 

You do that in "manage applications", where you name the login group(s)

Strike! That´s it. I would never have guessed it there. Thank you.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Do you mean assign “an issue” to a group? If so you really don’t as Issues should be Assignee to a single user. It is all about accountability. When issues are assigned to a group accountability is unclear. That said there are folks that have implemented a workaround of creating a ‘group email user’ and assigning to that user. The email can then sent to all emails within the email app.

I mean the assignment under "USER MANAGEMENT" -> Groups

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

Ok so now my question is - what do you mean by “Jira Software”. Is that a group in and of itself?

the access to Jira Software.

like This : http://mrooxid410.dev.tro.net/jira_screen.png

Suggest an answer