Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Assign Jira sprint(s) to a release

I'm looking for a way to be able to assign sprints to a release (not issues within a sprint to a release). This is to help with project management (ie. planning and forecasting).

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't want this to happen, directly.

It implies that the release determines what goes into a sprint, and that's not what they are for.  The team, including the product owner, should be determining what goes into a sprint.

But.  I do want it to happen in a slightly different shape - I would love to see a sprint association with a release, both for reporting "this sprint contributed X towards this release" and for "this sprint needs to focus on stuff that we need to get into this release"

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ - The way I was foreseeing this take place is more aligned with your last paragraph as I 100% agree that it's up to you the team to determine what goes into sprints and what is ultimately released.

I'll be looking to submit a feature request for the association and reporting needs.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Paul Zeller - from what I know this is not possible, but it sounds like a great feature request! Maybe you could enter this into the Atlassian backlog.

Agreed, I'd love to see this feature myself.

Like Summer.Hogan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you