Assign Jira sprint(s) to a release

Paul Zeller May 2, 2022

I'm looking for a way to be able to assign sprints to a release (not issues within a sprint to a release). This is to help with project management (ie. planning and forecasting).

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Hi @Paul Zeller - from what I know this is not possible, but it sounds like a great feature request! Maybe you could enter this into the Atlassian backlog.

Deleted user May 2, 2022

Agreed, I'd love to see this feature myself.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't want this to happen, directly.

It implies that the release determines what goes into a sprint, and that's not what they are for.  The team, including the product owner, should be determining what goes into a sprint.

But.  I do want it to happen in a slightly different shape - I would love to see a sprint association with a release, both for reporting "this sprint contributed X towards this release" and for "this sprint needs to focus on stuff that we need to get into this release"

Paul Zeller May 16, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - The way I was foreseeing this take place is more aligned with your last paragraph as I 100% agree that it's up to you the team to determine what goes into sprints and what is ultimately released.

I'll be looking to submit a feature request for the association and reporting needs.

Suggest an answer