As an administrator I want to archive a project. When I select the project ... only option in the d

Deleted user May 15, 2019

As an administrator, I want to archive a project in Jira.  The only option that appears after clicking the ellipsis is "project settings."

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

There isn't an archive function for projects (except for Data Center), unless something has changed which certainly could be the case. There are a number of discussions in the Community on this already and you will find some in the "Related Content" in the right side-bar here. That said here is a brief explanation of what i do today in cloud.

1. create a project Category called Archived
  2. create a permission scheme named Archived that removes all access except for jira-administrators

note the project will still show but won't be accessible. Again, I suggest you use the search bar above and enter "archive project" and read some of the other's input on this topic.

0 votes
Bunty May 15, 2019

Jira Administrators will only have permissions to archive the project. Project admins will not have permissions to archive.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events