Are Boards available for Jira Core users?

Andrea Antuzzi November 27, 2018

In my company there are both Jira Core and Jira Software users that works on the same project.

Jira Core users aren't able to see the board (To do, In progress, Done...); while, in the same project, I'm able to work regurlarly on the board.

The only difference, to my knowledge, is that I'm one of the admin and I have a Jira Software license. 

If there's a way to use boards with Jira Core, maybe I can evaluate the downgrade to Jira Core of all the users.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

Hello,

If you create a Jira Core project, there will be business boards. But they are not much configurable.

Dear Alexey, 

with my user (jira software) I've created a next-gen project but my collegues can't see the board. How can I create a Jira Core project?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

You should create a business project, not next-gen project

So sorry, among my projects there's also a "classic" business project... but the Jira Core users can't see the board. 

In this page I see that Boards are a shared feature, but I really don't understand how to make them work for my Jira Core users.

https://it.atlassian.com/software/jira/family

Capture.PNG

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2018

If you create a business project and then open it projects -> your project. There will be the Board menu.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 20.45.30.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events