Approximate release-date of JIRA 5.2.0

Hello jira-team,

can you tell me a approximate relase-date of JIRA 5.2.0????

Best regards

MarC

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I've just checked again this morning and JIRA v5.2 has been released today - see the release notes.

No. Atlassian's approach is "when it's ready". They will not give you anything resembling a release date.

It's usually within a few months of the documentation being updated to point at the latest, and you'll get some hints from genaral comments made when it's down to weeks rather than months. But that's about it (and they're not 100% certain either).

So, "when it's ready".

No. Atlassian's approach is "when it's ready". They will not give you anything resembling a release date.

It's usually within a few months of the documentation being updated to point at the latest, and you'll get some hints from genaral comments made when it's down to weeks rather than months. But that's about it (and they're not 100% certain either).

So, "when it's ready".

Another indication is (in this case) the ond-of support announcement for Tomcat 5.5 which will no longer be supported by JIRA 5.2. On this page it says, JIRA 5.2 is "due towards the end of 2012" whatever that may mean...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/End+of+Support+Announcements+for+JIRA#EndofSupportAnnouncementsforJIRA-20120827appserver

look at jira.atlassian.com

at the footer show jira version is 5.2, it seem we will get 5.2 next week.

should'nt be too far away, there is allready a m11 build publicly available...

yea, EAP bugs are being turned down for fixing in 5.2 as they didn't make it, real soon now...

I have just come across this which appears to be pretty acurate. No date for v5.2 yet but if you keep checking then one may appear. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

146 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you