Any way to add field in release page?

Olive Sun July 30, 2018

Hi, 

I was wondering if there's any way to add additional field in the release page?

Project Release Page.png

Thanks,

Olive

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

It's not possible without writing custom code in a plugin really.

Olive Sun July 31, 2018

Oops.....

Thank you, Steven!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

No worries.

I guess you were wondering if you could add 'custom fields' to Versions. The answer is no, it's not really possible. Custom Fields can only be added to issues -- Nothing else has that ability.

If you were looking for custom plugin advice, you should create a new database table and store the Version ID as well as the custom field you want. Then I'd advise writing a Web Panel plugin module, to render the new 'Versions' page. You could use logic to 'create' a new version AND your custom field. Then your 'web panel' can SHOW both at the same time. 

Obviously, there would be some overhead in 'replacing' the screen like this.

5 votes
Jorge Omar Martínez Mendieta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2021

That would be an excellent feature. We could add Bussiness Impact, Release Notes, Branch, Tags, etc. 

5 votes
Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2020

Hello. This would be a great feature! Adding a field with internal information value to the release. fingers crossed!

1 vote
Guilherme Firmino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

Hello, 

As already stated, currently, Jira doesn't have a built-in feature with this functionality. 

We, from Atlassian Team, constantly work to improve your experience with Atlassian Products, and I’ve noticed that there’s some traction regarding this request, not only in this specific thread.

That being said, I took the liberty to raise a feature request for this functionality, as we can check on JSWSERVER-21245.

So, I highly encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to follow up on its progress and provide any feedback you might have on the comment section (make sure you're logged in to the system). This helps in understanding the impact that it might be causing to you and other customers. On top of that, it creates a path of communication between all impacted customers with our developers and product managers. 

You can always create feature suggestions, or vote, watch, and comment on existing suggestions, at [https://jira.atlassian.com/].

Kristin Davis August 4, 2023

Is there a similar feature request for Jira Cloud?

1 vote
Kevin Lacey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2022

Im looking for the same thing.  Any update on this ?

0 votes
Gobalakrishnan Kuppanna March 26, 2024

+1 for this feature. I need Components, due date, story points, estimate to be added in the Release list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events