Allow transition only if number of votes is equal to custom field value

Steve Van Der Weide April 21, 2017

I am designing a workflow that requires each user in a custom-field-specified group (meaning the number of users in the group will change depending on the issue) to "approve" an issue before it transitions to the next status. 

Note: These are not proper Approvals (as given by JIRA) because as far as I can tell that doesn't work for multiple approvals on one status. 

I would like to achieve this with votes. I'd like a transition called "Approve Request" to appear for an issue if and only if the number of votes for the issue is equal to the number of users in "Needs approval from" group.

I have it set so that only the Reporter and "Needs approval from" may view issues, and therefore only the latter may vote on them. 

Is it possible to get the number of votes on an issue? Via a custom script condition or otherwise.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2017

You'll probably need a custom script condition for this. I think you could use VoteManager to get the users who have voted for a particular issue, but I haven't tried it personally since we don't use the voting functionality in our instance of JIRA.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2017

To add to this, you could probably use GroupManager to get the number of users within that user group you mentioned.

0 votes
RK June 11, 2019

Hi Steve,

I am developing a similar workflow with conditional status transitions based on 'multiple approvals' by using votes.

Did you manage to achieve this and if so, how?

Thanks,
Richard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events