Agile wallboard gadget no longer editable

Christian Hanemann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2017

We've had an Agile wallboard gadget working within Confluence for quite some time and it recently stopped displaying any content. If I try to edit/configure the gadget within Confluence (via the preview pane) there is no longer an option to add the board details, eg:

gadget_issue.jpg

I experience similar issues if I try to use the gadget within a JIRA dashbord.

The actual board (Kanban) that was previously displaying via the gadget does still display if I go directly to the board in JIRA.

We are using JIRA/Confluence cloud, and my understanding is that the Agile wallboard gadget is standard for the cloud application.

Do you have any thoughts as to why this gadget may have stopped working, and can no longer be configured?

Thanks, Christian

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2017

Hi Christian,

We are experiencing the same issue, were you able to fix it or find a workaround?

This happens to us on 2 different instances.

It's also impossible to add the gadget as the preview area doesn't work.

Thank you!

Christian May 19, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution. The gadget still does not display content and is still not configurable/editable in Confluence or on a JIRA dashbaord.

As the Kanban board itself displays fine in JIRA, I've given users the URL to the board.

Do you also see the 400 error in the console/network log?

Thanks

Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2017

Hi Christian,

Thank you for replying quickly. Unfortunately we don't have access to the logs at the moment because it's happening in our Cloud instance, but I have opened a support request with Atlassian.

If they are able to fix it/find a workaround I'll post it here.

Thank you

Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2017

Hi Christian,

I've received a reply from Atlassian, there's currently an open bug for this issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-55048

The workaround to use the gadget in JIRA unfortunately does not work for me.

Thanks

Christian May 22, 2017

Thanks for letting me know, Daniel.

Re the workaround, the gadget also does not work for me in JIRA. I've given users access directly to the Kanban board which the gadget used to display.

Cheers

Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2017

They found the root cause of the bug and fixed it, a fix will go live early next week!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-66914

Christian June 8, 2017

Super, thanks again for letting me know. Cheers, Christian

Suggest an answer