Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

After upgrade jira data center showing 502 Bad Gateway

Hi expert we have upgraded our Jira data center hosted on AWS from 8.13.8 to 8.13.18. but after upgrade we are getting 502 bad  Gateway error. could you please suggest how can we troubleshoot 

2 answers

0 votes

A 502 usually means that you are running your Jira behind a proxy (Apache or Nginx for example).  You have hit the URL for the proxy, the proxy has asked Jira for the first page, and Jira has not responded to it.

This suggests Jira is not running, or returning nothing of any use to the proxy.

You will need to read ALL of your Jira application log to find the errors, or possibly the Tomcat log.  The chuck of log you have posted is only a small chunk of a log and you need to be looking at all of it.

I would

stop Jira

Remove or move <Jira data>/logs/atlassian-Jira.log (this is so you get a nice new clean one)

Restart Jira and wait for a couple of minutes.

Read the log - if Jira is completing its start up, you should find a message like "Jira is ready to serve at ....".  If it is not, then you will need to read this whole log for errors.

0 votes

Hi @Pandey Pradip ,

please check the log file <JIRA-HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log and provide us he related log error. In my opinion, your app didn't start correctly so 502 error appears.

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

please see the log. kindly help

@Pandey Pradip , please check if there is some error in that log that avoid your application to start

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  hi i checked but not find anything other then previous one which i shared with you, please suggest

If you receive an error 502 it means that app has not correctly started or you are trying to access jira using an incorrect URL

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you