After do upgrade Jira from v6 to v7 the custom fields could not get correct data

titanicit April 12, 2017

Hi guys,

Lastweek i had upgraded my Jira from V6 to V7 but almost the plugins incompatible with Jira V7 so i need to delete all the old plugin and re-install the new version of plugin. However the custom fields were not load correct data especially with CustomFields has formulation.

Can you guys give me some advices to fix this problem? I do a lot of research but still don't have any soluton.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2017

Generally, the best option is what you've done, replacing old incompatible add-ons with their updated versions.

Could you give us more detail on "custom fields not loading correct data"?  What are the fields and their types?

sn April 12, 2017

eric- sorry, i dont have an answer but was tryung to see if you could help me. we upgraded from 6.4 to 7.3 in test environment. what would be some of things that i should validate or test as a user and also as an Admin.

titanicit April 12, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank for your reply. The plugin i use in Jira version6 really old and in version 7 the provider have no updated version.

My custom field type is "Calculated Number Field" this have Formula like this 

<!--
@@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10500") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10500") : "") + (issue.get("customfield_10618") != null ? " (" + issue.get("customfield_10618") + " " : "") + (issue.get("customfield_10625") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10625") + ")" : "") -->

I also checked in the database the same with the old version(v6)

Not sure why it could not get correct data in the new jira(v7)

titanicit April 13, 2017

Acctually when i do upgrade Jira from v6 to v7 some plugins are incompatible so i follow this instruction https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/upgrading-to-jira-7-throws-a-nosuchmethoderror-on-com-atlassian-crowd-embedded-api-user-781396615.html

Then all bugs plugin were fixed. However when i've done re-indexing the custom fields could not get correct data(maybe be cause some plugin incompatible still using some custom fields). You guys have any idea to fix this?

Suggest an answer