After Jira reindex resolved issues are reopned and unable to transition those issues.

We did a locked reindex after that in few projects closed issues are showing back and we are not able to close them. 

1 answer

0 vote

I don't know what you mean by "showing back", but being unable to close them means either

• the conditions on the workflow actions do not allow it
  • there is no transition to closed from their current state
  • You have a broken database - try the integrity checker workflow checks

Note that the indexing does not affect the issues itself, all it changes is the index used for searching and reporting.

Hi Nic - I work with Ajith and have some additional details. Ever seen anything this weird?

We have had an issue 3 times since October 3 where clicking create issue it just hangs in the UI but the issue is created causing users to click create multiple times. Most recently this happened Friday. When we did a reindex the "duplicate" issues created on October 3 and 20 (the last two occurrences) all reappeared but have no associated workflow. Sadly our integrity checking gives a 200 error every time

Best guess is that you have a broken or faulty post-function on the issue creation

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

127 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you