Advanced Search with Firefox 16.0.

If I change from normal search to advanced search with Firefox 16.0.1 by clicking to advanced, the advanced search panel doesn't appears. If I do the same with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser, by click to advanced, the advanced search panel box appears correct. What is the reason?

If I use attlassian support site https://support.atlassian.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa, the advanced search panel appears also correct with Firefox 16.0.1.

Is it a JIRA configuration and/or a browser configuration problem?

We use JIRA (v4.4.5#665-sha1:422aead)

1 answer

0 votes
Penny Wyatt Atlassian Team Oct 24, 2012

Hi Ulrich,

I can't reproduce this in JIRA 4.4.5 with FireFox 16.0.1 on Windows 7 on my test instance.

Some things to consider:

• Does everyone with FireFox 16.0.1 in your organisation experience the same issue?
  • Do you see any JavaScript errors in the browser console (CTRL-SHIFT-K)?
  • Do you have any custom plugins installed on the JIRA instance that could be messing things up?
  • Have you tried clearing the cookies/cache on that one browser?

Cheers,
Penny

PS. As a point of interest, the latest version of FireFox available when JIRA 4.4 was released was FireFox 3.6.19! As the browsers change so dramatically in such a short amount of time, things will eventually stop working in older JIRA releases when used with the latest browsers. In a way, I preferred the old days when browsers updated every few years rather than every few hours :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

449 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you