Administrator Guide for JIRA 7.X

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the link for the JIRA Administrators Guide applicable for version 7.x ?

Whenever I do a search over the internet, it leads me to the versions 6.4 and below.

Was looking for steps to integrate microsoft active directory with user management in JIRA and found that some of the terms are not there like "Read Only", "Read only, with Local Groups", "Read/Write".

What I wanted is to use microsoft AD as authentication method, without wiping out the names/user id of the accounts previously created and currently existing in JIRA.

At 6.4, the step suggested using a type with this value 'Internal with LDAP Authentication'. Could not find it in JIRA 7.x settings, hence I needed the updated Administrators Guide, or if someone can help explain the new terminologies that must be used.

Thanks in advance. smile

2 answers

1 accepted

Add and configure another User Directory -> Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups).

This will import the LDAP users, still keeping the local groups and users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,971 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot