Adds a comment to linked issues when this issue is transitioned

Pumper1 December 1, 2017

hi.

I am trying to set to the comment value of custom field with Script runner post function "Adds a comment to linked issues when this issue is transitioned".

I am using:

<% out << com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_10806') %>

But its return eror:

2017-12-01 16:25:47,812 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: *************************************************************************************
2017-12-01 16:25:47,812 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: IO-83, actionId: 141, file: null
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [customfield_10806]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.UpdateBlockedIssues$_doScript_closure1.doCall(UpdateBlockedIssues.groovy:112)
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.UpdateBlockedIssues.doScript(UpdateBlockedIssues.groovy:100)

Can somebody help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Pumper1 December 4, 2017

@JamieAHi, maybe you know how to do it?

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Hi Taras,

Have you tried using double quotes on the cutomfield name?

Also, why don't you use Automation to add a comment on transition? That's more intuitive in my opinion and maintenance is transparent, doesn't require any sripting knowledge :)

Hope either suggestion will help!

Cheers

Pumper1 December 1, 2017

yes, i tried, there is the same error. I can not use automation because it is a Software project. I can not understande why it not work.

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Understood, then you can't use the line above directly: CustomfieldManager is not a static class and needs to be instanciated. I'm not sure why you out the customfield value but I'm sure that you'll need more than this to use CustomFieldManager.

That would imply something like:

CustomFieldManager cfm = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
CustomField cf = cfm.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_10806');

Does that help?

Cheers 

Pumper1 December 1, 2017

thanks for your answer but it also doesn't works. Maybe i must use transientVars? i set value to this field in transition screen.

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2017

Sure, might be an option, let us know if it works!

Pumper1 December 1, 2017

ok, maybe somebody know how to do it?

Suggest an answer