Additional Fields for Jira cloud for slack

Tyrone Fain May 12, 2020

upon creation a screen pops up asking you to fill in 3 fields:  jira site, jira project and issue type. Is there any way to add additional fields to that pop up? There is a required field stopping the user from creating the ticket.  A lil manual button is shown and then the user has to finish the ticket by going into the ticket. 

3 answers

0 votes
Edward Webb May 15, 2024

Time tracking (optional) just throws errors.

• `15m`
  • `15`
  • `600`
  • `3600`
0 votes
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

I have some exciting news @Tyrone Fain @grigor-th

Creating issues from the Jira + Slack integration now supports more fields than just summary and description! The integration can now dynamically pull in fields based on your project and issue type so you can finally fill out those required fields without leaving Slack.

To try it out, just enter /jira create in any channel! Reply back here if you have any feedback :).

As a caveat, right now we're supporting fields that cover most use cases, there are still a few that may not work today.

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2020

Hey Tyrone,

As of right now, there's not a way to configure which field are in the new issue prompt in Slack. We do have an open feature request for that functionality though, which you can vote/watch/comment on here: jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-88 

While I understand the ask might seem pretty straightforward for that feature, I'm actually wondering if you'd be open to chatting with one of our Product Managers who works on Slack integrations. We're constantly evaluating how people use the Slack integrations and what needs they have going forward. Your input would be helpful! If you're interested, you can schedule a time at your convenience! 

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer