Adding a comment on a issue redirects the page

Jonathan Targett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2019

Every time I try to add a comment to an issue, the page gets redirected to an 'add comment' page, separate to the main issue page.

The URL changes from the browse issue page to "<COMPANY_WEBSITE>/secure/AddComment!default.jspa?id=<TICKET_NAME>".

Other team members aren't seeing this and are able to reply to comments on the same page without the redirect. The redirect is a pain as it means I can't see the issue description or previous comments while writing a new comment.

How do I add a comment without the redirect? And why am I seeing this? Is there a setting I've changed by mistake? I haven't disabled javascript in the browser, other client side stuff works fine.

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2021

This issue occurred for me on Firefox when using a particular extension. When I disabled the extension, the issue no longer occurred.
@Jonathan Targett @Hubbitus I'd suggest disabling all your extensions and seeing if that resolves the issue.

Hubbitus November 11, 2021

@Patrick, thanks, indeed that was translator extension issue.

0 votes
Hubbitus July 9, 2021

I also hit that problem in Firefox, but Chromium does not perform such redirects. How it may be configured?

Suggest an answer