Adding Users to Get Notifications

Kyle Pucko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2019

We've been running Jira for a little while now and had one project manager getting all the notifications from our support box on our website and in our web-application. We're now wanting to change that so everyone on the team gets notified of an issue when it comes up. This seems like it should be a quick fix but we're having some trouble. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Someone submits a support request, we all on the team want to get an email. Shouldn't be that difficult, right?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Hi @Kyle Pucko ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What you are trying to achieve should be indeed relatively easy.

Having site administrator rights you can:

1. Add all the desired users to a project role or a group. As mentioned in the documentation: we recommend using project roles (rather than groups) in your notifications as this can help minimize the number of notification schemes in your system. Learn more about configuring project roles.
  2. Edit the notification scheme associated to the project
  3. Add the Role/Group created in step #1 to the "Issue Created (System)" event.

For further details you can review the documentation for Cloud and Server using below links:

PLEASE NOTICE: If you are using Jira Cloud and you don't find the notification scheme for your project, there are chances that you are using a Next-Gen project and this is indeed not possible at the moment for this kind of project. 

We have the below feature request open in our system to have this functionality added:

If this is the case, then you may want to vote for the above feature and add yourself as a watcher so that you will be notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer