Add Watcher for individual issues

Reatha Ek October 19, 2011

Hello all you helpful people! I have another one.

• We wanted reporters to only see their own issues - that's sorted and works well.
  • Now we want to assign watchers to individual issues (because there are issues that are more complex than just one reporter and one resolver), to be kept in the loop about development.

How can we do that without opening a back door for people to peek through our issues by combining the project code with some random numeric values?

I am sure it is simple, and maybe even straightforward. But how?

As always, thanks hundredfold!

Bernd

P.S. Just saw a parallel discussion here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/16088/how-can-i-enable-reporters-to-add-individual-watchers-to-an-issue-that-only-reporters-and-an-enterprise-support-group-have-access-to-view-without-opening-the-issue-to-everyone-in-the-enterprise

closing this one

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2012

Hi Bernd W,

If I understood you correctly, you want to add any user into watch list to watch the issue? Is that what you want? If this the cases, please see the attached of Issue watching to get know how to configure in your JIRA.

To restrict someone to peek through the issue, could you by any chance to configure the permission on it?

Hope it helps.

Regards,

John Chin

0 votes
Reatha Ek February 24, 2013

Hi - and sorry for the delay...

Basically this is what we want:

• Admins and Developers should see all issues - already in place
  • Reporters should only see their own issues - already in place
  • Certain individual users should se certain individual issues, and we want to assign them individually - that is missing

Some issues are not as simple as having one reporter and a team of developers. If we want to be serious about collaboration then there will be issues where certain people should be informed about progress, but not about all issues in a certain project...

That would be a real nice thing... Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Bernd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events