AD user not visible in JIRA

Antônio Duarte October 19, 2018

An AD user is not visible in JIRA, even after the synchronization?

Any clues?

Tks in advance 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2018

Hi,

what about synchronization? Is it ok?

If yes, then are you using more user direstories (like built-in jira user direstory - is is first in order?)?

That happened to one of customers when same username was used in internal jira directory which was as first in order so user from AD with same username will not show.

Let me know if you have still this problem or if you will need any help.

Antônio Duarte October 22, 2018

Hi, Petr,

In fact we have two directories: the Jira Internal and the AD. And Jira Internal comes before AD.

However, the user is NOT configured in Jira Internal, only in AD.

userdir.jpg

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2018

What about any forgotten groups to assign for access to Jira?

Antônio Duarte October 27, 2018

BINGO, Petr!

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Antonio.

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2018

Perfect and you are welcome! :-)

1 vote
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

Hi Antonio,

just a guess: Does he have an email/mail attribute set in AD?

Best

JP

Antônio Duarte October 20, 2018

Hi, Jan-Peter,

I must check it because the AD control is made by another department inside the company. The most I have is only the needed data to connect JIRA and AD, and nothing else.

I'll ask them at the beginning of next week.

BTW, why is the e-mail attribute relevant in this case?

Thank you very much for your clues.

Antonio.

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

Hi,

we had the problem with a user not showing up in Jira & it turned out, the mail attribute was not set for his account. As I understand the documentation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-938847052.html

the mail attribute has to be set.

Are you able to access the AD server with an LDAP client like http://www.ldapadmin.org/screenshots/index.html ?

You could try to connect with the same credentials as the Jira connector, using the same user filters & check, if the missing user is listed.

That's what I try, if we've any issues...

Best

JP

Suggest an answer