AD Sync setup daily to Identify a New user with Asterik(*)

sudharshan kuppuswamy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2020

If i perform a daily AD sync in Jira , my requirement is to identify new users that get added randomly with an Asterik (*) marker. Additionally is there a JIRA API that i can use to differentiate those new users who are added and also pull in the old users.

Eg: i am consuming the Jira API in an Angular or Dotnet core project.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2020

I am not sure what you are asking for here.  Your code in your angular or dotnet project is going to have to keep a record of users so that it can recognise when Jira presents new ones to it.

sudharshan kuppuswamy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2020

Thanks Nic.

I have been tasked with setting up an Angular, Dotnetcore project with Ad Groups and Roles setup in Jira. I have a differing user base wherein AD (Active directory) Users get added on and off.

My Need to is to Query the Jira AD for authentication and also identify if a user is new (if never available from the start of time), this i need to perform in the Dotnetcore API. in the UI section of the JIRA tool, i need to find an automatic way to mark the new user  with an Asterik indicating that he is a new user for that day.

Any inputs of yours much appreciated.

Suggest an answer