1 project board - 2 scrum teams with same backlog- is is possible without breaking anything

Sumit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2021

We have an existing board i..e backlog and we use scrum for our team

now team is spliiting up into 2 due to large in size however we want to keep the same backlog for JIRA plans and other purposes.

Is it possible to create 2 scrum boards while keeping the same backlog and same project

How?

1 answer

0 votes
Sid February 14, 2021

We did the same thing - boards can be based on filters and not only projects  .Our boards, queries, filters etc were all filtered on a Component field. As long as people are filling the component field correctly one of the two values we had no issues.

However it did get a bit cumbersome over time. In our case we had almost no common interactions between the teams working on these components so we decided to split them into two separate teams after a few months

We also tried filtering the board on assignees. This got confussing because we often had people come in for short term assignments and leave - if that is not a concern in your team you mgiht chose that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events