Turning off Issue detail view in Kanban Board

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Every time a user click on an issue in the kanban board in JIRA Software, the issue detail view pop-up on the right side. It is pretty useful for project manager or scrum master as they can quickly edit stuff on the issues.

However, it is pretty annoying for users who want to open up the issue full issue view on another tab or just quickly navigate to that view on the current tab.

As far as I know, it is a feature request to have a turning on/off feature for this. However, as we are waiting for Atlassian to implement that feature. Is there any way we can turn off this view? (e.g. disable a particular module for that feature, which I have been able to do for a lot of buttons that can't be turn off on the admin menu)

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any trick to turning this off?

4 comments

Comment

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Nguyen,

Can you show me what the pop-up looks like exactly? Is it in a sidebar or is it a pop-up? 

Can you let me know also the version of Jira you're working with?

Kind regards,

Shannon

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.20.59 AM.pngHi Shannon,

Sorry for the late reply.

It's the sidebar (Issue detail view). I want to disable that completely. I'm on JIRA Server 7.7.

Regards,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

Thanks, Nguyen, for clarifying.

My colleague Andy has responded on a similar question with a very good and visual answer here:

I'll quote him below:

As such this feature can currently be opted-in or opted-out of on a per user basis.  You would need to have each user login to the Cloud instance, then go up to your avatar in the top right corner of the screen, the select Profile.  On this page, there is a Labs section that the user will have to flip the switch to off in order to disable this popup view.  

issuedetailview1.png

Doing so will revert the board to the previous layout that then shows the issue details in the right side of the screen.  

You might be prompted to provide some feedback when disabling this.  If you have a few moments, Atlassian certainly would appreciate the feedback on features like this so that we can help refine new features for future releases.

Can you try that and let me know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Shannon

Like michal.sienko likes this
Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

Hi Shannon,

Your answer is to turn off the pop-up on cloud instance. We also have a cloud instance and I have try this. However, my problem is with the side-bar.

Regards,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2018

Hi,

I had a talk with the rest of the Cloud team, and you have two views right now of the issue detail view.

You can either have the pop-up, which would be turning on that feature, or the sidebar. It's not possible to disable the view entirely.

As for the feature requests, I believe this is what you were looking for:

• JSWCLOUD-11160 Ability to select issues without the Detail View opening

If so, please vote on it and comment there with your usage case. It will help if you also include what you don't like about the feature specifically.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2018

Be advised, in the future the pop-up version of the issue detail view will be the norm. I wanted to let you know in case you notice it in the future and wonder what happened.

Regards,

Shannon

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

But I'm on server version though.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2018

The same issue exists for Server here:

Regards,

Shannon

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2018

Thanks.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2018

You're welcome! 

Take care,

Shannon

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2019

Hi...  As different people work in different ways, it makes sense that the behavior could have better configuration, allowing pop-up, side-panel, or opening in a new tab when selecting an item for more details.

Please see this suggestion made to the Cloud instance for a start in this direction:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-11160 

Thanks

Like Francois likes this
Milan Davídek March 27, 2019

@Bill Sheboy exactly, it should be in user settings

Like Francois likes this
Katie September 12, 2019

My team used to be able to configure the issue detail view between pop-up and side-bar fairly easily on the cloud, but sometime over the past year that has been taken away. I do not have a pop-up view at all. Please let me know if this is an option that I am missing. It is not in the Labs under my Personal Settings. 

Like ChauTran likes this
ChauTran September 12, 2019

Oh my ghost i got it for config (it make me more time for research)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-turn-off-issue-detail-popups-on-JIRA-boards/qaq-p/663559#M217976

https://****.atlassian.net/secure/ViewPersonalSettings.jspa

Please and "Keyboard shortcuts Global Shortcuts" for every one can config easy.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events