Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL - Issues fields with Releases field in Jira

Carolina Meyer April 6, 2021

Which means status "in progress" and "release date end" . But I cannot filter and show we have days after the "release end date"... Please let me know if it is feasible.

I think we cannot show the fields from releases in the search about an issue and save as a filter. Can you confirm it?

For instance:

I need the fields 

FixVersion.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_NAME

FixVersions.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_DATE  

ISSUE_KEY

ISSUE_CURRENT_STATUS_NAME

ISSUE_CURRENT_TYPE_NAME

ISSUE_CURRENT_STATUS_CATEGORY_NAME

ISSUE_PRIORITY

where 

FixVersions.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_DATE  > current date

and

ISSUE_CURRENT_STATUS_NAME   "in progress"

All in the search in Jira, in the board or in confluence. How can I get to do it and integrate the search from issues field in connection with releases field ?

Thanks and best regards

Carolina

1 comment

Comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Carolina Meyer  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, JQL isn't a SQL, so you cannot access those attributes (e.g. Version Release Date) like you could for an actual SQL for a database.  There may be marketplace add-ons for purchase which extend JQL to allow this.

If you do not want to purchase an add-on product, one work-around is:

1. Work with your site admin to add custom fields to expose the attributes you need, such as Version_Release_Date
  2. Add an automation for Jira rule, such that when an issue's fixVersion changes, set the custom field
  3. You may then query and report on the field

Some limitations of this approach are:

• when you use multiple values in the fixVersion field, or
  • when you change the value of the release date after assigning a version to an issue.  This one may be mitigated by using an additional automation rule triggered on updating the version so it refreshes the assigned issues.

As another work-around, you can probably build this report to run on a scheduled trigger with an automation rule and have it send you an email.  There is better conditional testing of attributes in the rules than in the built-in JQL.

Best regards,

Bill

Carolina Meyer April 7, 2021

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I would like to ask again about the possibilities with JQL.

Ist there a way to list the issues filtering the status = "in progress" and FixVersions.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_DATE  > current date ?

What it is hard, it is to get to pick the FixVersions.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_DATE  or (End Relase Date) in JQL. How to do it?

I couldn´t find a way with the FixVersion function. Would you confirm that there is no way to work with fixVersion fields as Release Date (End) and get to compare it with JQL Query?

Furthermore:

The releaseDate function cannot help me because it needs as paramenter the interval or logic > days or > days to get to show the issues of the releases in this "interval" or "logic" right ?

Or

What is this function?

overDueVersions([Project])

What is overdue here? I found out: 

"This is based on the duedate or release date on a Version. All versions that were due to release before the current date, but still not released, are considered overdue."

Which means the END release date?

Thanks a lot

Carolina

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

Hi Carolina,

I will try to answer each of your questions.  Please let me know if I miss any of them.

Ist there a way to list the issues filtering the status = "in progress" and FixVersions.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_DATE  > current date ?

No.  As I noted earlier, the attribute Release Date is not directly available with JQL.  There are marketplace add-ons for purchase which may support this.  The only supported functions to evaluate fixVersion are shown below and documented here.

• latestReleasedVersion()
  • earliestUnreleasedVersion()
  • releasedVersions()
  • unreleasedVersions()

What it is hard, it is to get to pick the FixVersions.FIX_VERSION_RELEASE_DATE  or (End Relase Date) in JQL. How to do it?

I couldn´t find a way with the FixVersion function. Would you confirm that there is no way to work with fixVersion fields as Release Date (End) and get to compare it with JQL Query?

This is not possible.  Please see the above answer.

The releaseDate function cannot help me because it needs as paramenter the interval or logic > days or > days to get to show the issues of the releases in this "interval" or "logic" right ?

I do not know of a releaseDate() function.  I do not believe that is a feature built into Jira Cloud.  Please check if you are using a marketplace add-on which supplies this feature.

What is this function?

overDueVersions([Project])

What is overdue here? I found out: 

"This is based on the duedate or release date on a Version. All versions that were due to release before the current date, but still not released, are considered overdue."

I do not know of a overDueVersions([Project]) function.  I do not believe that is a feature built into Jira Cloud.  Please check if you are using a marketplace add-on which supplies this feature.

Which means the END release date?

I do not know of a field named END release date.  The customer visible attributes for a version (release) in Jira cloud are: 

• Name
  • Start Date
  • Release Date
  • Description
  • and, the order of releases is implied by the order in the list
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events