Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with name changing

Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Hi there,

I'm trying to change the name in the community, but it doesn't work. Has anyone had the same problem? And maybe know how to solve it?

2 comments

Comment

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hello @Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_ 

Are you talking about your profile name?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

@Sam Nadarajan yes, profile name in Atlassian community 

Like Sam Nadarajan likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, and Adaptavist!

To use a lot of Atlassian systems, we use an Atlassian account.  These are either owned by us as an individual, or they are "claimed" by the organisation that your email belongs to.  I've got a personal one I use to post here, but you might also see posts from me from an account that Adaptavist owns.

In either case, you can edit your profile at https://id.atlassian.com, but there are some things you can't change there if your organisation owns your domain, you'll need to ask IT to do it (in Adaptavist-speak: raise an issue in the AVST project in tracker). 

Your display name is not something you'll need to ask about, you can edit it whatever type of account you are using.

But.  It can take up to a week for all the Atlassian systems to catch up if you do make changes.  Community is one of the better ones - usually immediate, but I've seen it take a a day a couple of times.

Marketplace Partner
September 5, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Thank you very much for explaining! Yes, looks like now I just need to wait until my public name will be visible in the community. Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 13.19.21.png

Marketplace Partner
September 8, 2022

Nic was right, the issue was resolved after 2 days. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events