Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Jira Cloud onboarding, am I alone?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

I have being a Jira admin for years,  but everytime I create a Jira Cloud for one of my customers I have to go through all the onboarding.

Why am I forced to create a project to do anything in the platform? I do not want to create a project without knowing what my customer wants it called (specally because it creates a lot of unncecesary screens).

I hope Atlassian creates a way for admins to skip the project creation and onboarding, and for new users too. A user I invited was stuck in the creating a project screen, I had already created two projects, one of the was Jira Software, with its defaults permissions he should be able to see it without being obligated to create a project the moment he logs in!

I really, really need a skip button If I am going to create Jira Clouds fast and demostrate functionality, does anyone else feels the same way?

1 comment

Comment

Derek White November 15, 2021

FYI: You don't have to go through it. If you know another URL, you can simply navigate away and go on about your business. I generally go to the System settings page: /secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events