Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Classic Project future after next-gen comes out ?

Arba September 11, 2019

This question is based on my opinion below.
Please help me to find reason to keep use JIRA and not move to another alternatives. :)

I am going to start with question does developer now has no more vision to optimize classic project ?
If no, where is the classic project development roadmap ?

Here in Jira Software Roadmap, there is only Next-Gen Project Roadmap.
Moreover developer offer migration solution from classic to next-gen project.

Next-Gen Project is powerful indeed, but still lack of major features as my opinion and some user express here. It is the main reason why i hold myself to migrate from classic to next-gen project.

But honestly, as existing user what i want simply is developer react and take a significant action to community request for most requested nowadays features.

How about having Ability to archive projects ?
How about having Roadmap Timeline like in Next-Gen Project ?

I think the second one is the most manager's reason for considering competitor offer to move from JIRA.

I know the most cons using JIRA classic project is its complex configuration. I felt the hard way as new user to get start with JIRA Software Cloud for the first time. But as nowadays user, i felt developer missed the most important metric.

If The Company North Star Metric is to gather as much as new user to use the product. I would argue. Because retain existing user is also priority.

I hope a better product from JIRA as it is already a good product.

Thank you,
Arba

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events