How about keeping up with recent KB article updates?

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2021

Hi Community!

This is a kind of survey, really. Please comment below! 😉

I'd like to know if you Admins would regularly visit, if available, a page that'd list all recently updated KB articles.

Like this example:

recently-updated-kbs.png

That's quite simple to do — what's tricky is to distinguish between Cloud and Server/DC articles up front (inside each article there are notes about the product type).

So, summarizing:

1. Would you visit this page often? (bookmarked and all)
  2. Would it be useful to you if Cloud and Server/DC articles would appear all together, or would you only use if there were separate pages for Cloud and Server/DC?

Cheers! 🍻

6 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

I wouldn't visit this since there's SO much KB content out there.

Okay, maybe I'd visit if I was bored. 😉

Curious what others think!

Like # people like this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Rodrigo Martinez 

usually I would be searching for articles  based on current interests/work

But this might lead me to look at features I’m not aware of.

Tom

Like # people like this
Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Indeed, @Tom Lister

It was meant to be something Admins could quickly 👀 and keep up-to-date with the many how-to articles.

These "recently created" KBs list was something we started bringing into weekly support meetings here and we thought maybe the Community could benefit from. It's just a POC/MVP 😉 (also, the pages published here are monthly updates)

🍻

Like Dave Liao likes this
John Dunkelberg May 13, 2021

Sounds very useful, and I'd prefer that it be split between Cloud and Datacenter.  After all, very few of us will have both. :)

I'd expect that putting a watch on the page to get the updates would be nice.

Can you lock the comments on the page, so we don't get the spam/advertisement junk triggering notifications?

Like # people like this
Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2021

@John Dunkelberg 

The page would be available through the Scroll Viewport app, so no comments would be allowed. Is that what you referred to?

I believe comments on KBs were only available before Atlassian made use of the viewport, when everybody would just see the KBs through Confluence's "editor interface".

Cheers

Like # people like this

Sounds good @Rodrigo Martinez .  I guess I'm just tired of deleting emails from spammy notifications on community topics. :)

Like Rodrigo Martinez likes this
Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2021

Ohh you talking about this here thread? ehm... the point was actually that many people would reply here! 😅

You can scroll back to right below the post above and click on the "👁️ Watching" button so to unwatch the topic and stop the spamming, maybe. :)

That "recently updated KB" page would not spam notifications as it's just a Confluence macro. The content would be updated without the page being updated itself... though a workaround is for someone (me?) to keep updating the page on a monthly basis with the "KBs updated this previous month". 🤔

Like Dave Liao likes this

Sorry, to be clear I meant more of advertising spam, not noisy but on-topic messages.

Like # people like this
Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2021

Update! 📣

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Recently-updated-Jira-KB-articles/ba-p/1693232

It's still kind of a POC, but gets the work done 😉

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

I really like the idea. It shows that there is activity in updating the knowledge base, also the initiative itself shows Atlassian is caring for the content.

For the content itself I am with @Dave Liao - it would have to be that a specific updated content is of personal interest or offers something new to explore, which is totally fine!
I just suspect that in the feed there will be something specific I would be looking for the given day (but who knows ... :) - in general a very good idea!

Like Rodrigo Martinez likes this
Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2021

Thanks for chiming in, @Daniel Ebers !

Yeah, it was meant as a "recent highlights" stuff. Something to quickly lay your eyes on and maybe something'll stick to your mind for when you come across similar issues. smile

Anyway, it's a POC/MVP, so let's see how really useful this is!

🍻

Like # people like this
Nirmani Kalakheti
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

@Rodrigo Martinez , this is very good topic/idea to get the survey and 

See my answers in italics

1. Would you visit this page often? (bookmarked and all) - not yet but I will probably start doing this.
  2. Would it be useful to you if Cloud and Server/DC articles would appear all together, or would you only use if there were separate pages for Cloud and Server/DC - Split between DC and Cloud.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events