GenJira multiple request tickets customize

Iwona Kalinowska January 20, 2020

Hi all, I am using GenJira system for few different requests.

Is there a way to customize tickets depending on the request types?

The reason being is that different request types have different requirements and I would like to add the requirements to the relevant request types so there is no confusion for stakeholders what needs to be provided before request could be completed.

Is there also a way to allow a tick box completion for required information and not able to progress further if not provided?

Many thanks

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

We don't know what you mean by "GenJira".

But yes, you can have different issue types (which are tied to request types) behave completely differently - different fields, workflow and even visibility.  Generally, we use "issue type screen schemes" to give them different fields (that's the usual thing people change, but it is a guess, as you have not told us what you want to customise)

For required information, I'd keep it simple - make the fields mandatory in the "field configuration"

Iwona Kalinowska January 21, 2020

Thank you very much Nic, this would be great.

What I really would like to achieve is eg. have 3 types of requests:

1/ MI report

2/ documentation

3/ analysis.

Those 3 type of request will have different requirements needed when raised by customer as different information is needed to be provided hence I wanted to customize this.

It would be ideal if i can use the requirements as a tick box/ field box (this is to ensure customer knows what needs to be provided and can tick that is done).

If the answers are yes, when I make the changes will this not cause the problem to our over 3000 existing requests?

Is there anyone I would be liaising directly to receive some support in creating?

Many thanks for your help so far,

Iwona

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Ok, I would set up all the fields I need first, then define three sets of screens, one for each issue type.  You then add three "screen schemes" that bind together the create, edit and view screen for each type, then a single "issue type screen scheme" which tells a project which screens to use for each issue type.

I would not waste time on a tick-box field, it adds nothing of much use.  It would probably be better to use different "field configurations" to flag required fields as mandatory, then your customers can't leave them blank.

This will change your existing configuration for those 3000 issues, unless you do this in a new project.

You will need to talk to your other administrators about all of this, to ensure you don't break existing things.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events