Try the new Jira Cloud add-on for Google Sheets

77 comments

Ayush Mishra July 12, 2019

How can I modify column header name or apply some condition using JIRA function?

I want to do something like =JIRA("some jql", "issuekey, parent, assignee.displayName as assignee, status, if(sprint.state='ACTIVE',sprint.state,'')")

AlexC
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2019

@Ayush Mishra The =JIRA function does not support modification of the column header names directly.

One workaround could be to add new columns to the right of the columns that the function returns and add your conditional formula or referenced values with your desired column names, and then hide the corresponding source columns that are returned from the =JIRA function.

Brian Dunavant July 17, 2019

Thank you folks so much for creating this plugin.  This is exactly what I needed!   

It would be nice to have more insight into why communications fail however.   After about an hour, my refreshes stopped working and it doesn't say why, only to try again, or contact atlassian support :( 

msalem July 22, 2019

Hi Jira Team!

I'm getting [field type not supported] when I pull a field with field type 'Version Picker (single version). Can you please submit a request for this field type to be supported?

Thanks!

Matt

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2019

@msalem I have created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-134 for you. Kindly watch/comment/vote that ticket to keep yourself up-to-date with this. Thanks and let us know if you have any further questions.

Brenden Beatty October 10, 2019

@donovan @Catherine Chang @Rahul Patil Our organization is very intrigued by this add-on, but we just have a couple of questions regarding data security. When our G Suite admin goes to whitelist this add-on, one of the necessary privileges we must enable is as follows:

"This app wants permission to:

• See your spreadsheets
  • Edit your spreadsheets
  • Create new spreadsheets
  • Upload or download your spreadsheets
  • Organize and delete any of your spreadsheets
  • See and change the people you share spreadsheets with

There may be sensitive information in your spreadsheets, like financial records or personal lists."

We understand the need to view, edit, create, organize, and integrate with G Sheet privacy settings. But what is this add-on's need for uploading or downloading our sheets? How are these sheets stored by Atlassian? 

In addition, many of the folks who would utilize this add-on do, in fact, have access to sensitive information in sheets on our Team drives. Could this add-on view/download that information passively? Or must the user actively use the add-on in those sensitive sheets?

Thank you for your time! This add-on appears to be a life saver.

- Brenden

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2019

Hey everyone! We just released a new feature that lets you automatically update all of your Jira data! Try it out and let us know what you think!

Brian Dunavant October 16, 2019

I love this plugin, and would like to use the auto-update feature as well.  But like Brenden Beatty said, there's no way I'm granting Upload/Download/Delete status on our confidential Sheets to a third party.

donovan
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2019

Hi @Brenden Beatty and @Brian Dunavant 

Our add-on does not actually store any spreadsheet data, and never accesses documents that the add-on is not installed in. This add-on requires upload/download (read/write) access to determine if it might possibly overwrite data that it needs to warn the user about, but we never store that data, and of course we write to the spreadsheet document to copy data from Jira to it.

As it turns out, this add-on requests only the minimum scopes necessary to perform the advertised functionality. Google's scopes are quite coarse grained and so we wind up obtaining more than we really use. For example, we never download or delete documents, and never access documents that our add-on is not installed in. The privacy of our users' data is important to us and we will do our part to respect it, in accordance with our published privacy policy.

(See https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/guides/authorizing for information about Google Sheets scopes)

Brenden Beatty October 16, 2019

@donovan Thanks for the clarification!

Dries Grobler Jr October 22, 2019

Does this only work with G-Suite? Not normal Google Sheets?

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2019

@Dries Grobler Jr The add-on should work for normal google sheets too. 

Adil Zulqarnain November 4, 2019

I have a Google Sheet where I store a number of hours each resource work. Is it possible to sync this information back and see in Confluence or JIRA? 

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2019

@Adil Zulqarnain No, the add-on does not sync information back to Jira or Confluence.

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019
Evrim Demir November 15, 2019

Hi,

Is it possible to pull tickets from the specified board from Jira to Google Sheets?

I am trying to create a prioritization board and send this to Google Sheet so that my customers will be able to see the open tickets and their order based on their priority.

Thanks in advance!
Evrim

Like V Heno likes this
Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2019

@Evrim Demir yes, if you have a JQL which lists tickets belonging to a specific board (in the order you want), it can be used in the JQL tab of the 'Get data from Jira' menu. 

Currently you cannot specify board/project through UI, you'll have to use JQL for that. Hope this helps.

Damon Gaylor November 15, 2019

I recommend making a copy of the board filter that you are using.  You will want to probably add 'and resolution is empty' if you only want to show unresolved issues along with any other filters.  I get the report looking like I want in Jira and then save the query.  Then use that Query in the Filters tab of the Add-on.  It works great.

james.monro May 22, 2020

is there any way to get JIRA for sheets to be drive off a single cell? I'd like to create a dynamic doc where i can search by JIRA ID and all the data in the sheet will refresh, including graphs etc

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2020

@james.monro yes, that is possible. When you install the add-on, you can use the `JIRA(...)` formula in cell wherein the formula string itself can reference other cells for pulling details around JIRA ID or such. Please see this question and see if that solves your problem : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Jira-Cloud-for-sheets-reference-a-cell-with-the-project-key/qaq-p/1122003#M44255

james.monro May 23, 2020

@Rahul Patil - thank you. I fixed it with "issuekey in (",J2,")"). so useful!

Torben Henriksen June 24, 2020

This plugin is really great, but now we moved to on-premise Jira :(

I am using "Project Aid for Jira" but for the on-premise Jira, but it is not as powerful as the cloud plugin.

Anybody knows of a powerful gsheet plugin like the cloud gsheet plugin ?

Jens Rosemeier June 24, 2020

Hi @Torben Henriksen 

What feature(s) are you missing on the add-on "Project Aid for Jira"?

Torben Henriksen July 1, 2020

Hi @Jens Rosemeier ,

I just founds out about the =JST_search( but still here I cannot get my SLA information, other customer fields are working fine.

Not sure if we need to do something special for the SLA fields ?

Pedro Martins July 24, 2020

Can this be available on Server

What is the roadmap of the releases ?

Regards

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events