Sandbox on Jira Cloud

Moving to Cloud is by far going to be the best decision you've ever made. Why? Because it provides robust features, an Administrative and hassle free environment and you can now create sandbox environment to test those Production configurations and compatibility without the hassle of creating the Instance yourself. Please note that sandbox is only available on Premium or Enterprise plans.

sandbox.png

Once you're done with all the configurations and test, you can simply just delete the sandbox environment and all the data within. Atlassian has made it easy that even upon deletion, you're given a waiting period of 24 hours just incase you change your mind to stop the scheduled deletion. I love this feature and I'm very certain a lot of users out there will love it as well.

11 comments

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Do you know if this includes being able to test Atlassian Access against the sandbox without interfering with the production instance? 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Atlassian Access is based on Organization level, so the sandbox is actually added as an Application Product to your organization e.g. Jira Software or Jira Service Management, so the Atlassian Access Admin hub is not a separate entity with the sandbox instance. The same configuration in your Atlassian Access can be applied to the users which will be on the sandbox instance. So I think, every configuration that applies to the Production can be easily incorporated into the sandbox as it only requires you adding the application access to a user.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Soapbox Warning - While this is very nice I think it is a bit short-sighted to not provide this to Standard accounts. My company spends a great deal on Atlassian products so this feels like a slap in the face TBH. @Prince Nyeche is there something about Standard that prevents this or is it simply used to differentiate first-class passengers?

Like # people like this
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey 

I have a mixture of Premium and Standard Plans for Jira Software and Jira Service Management on separate instances. so it works for my Standard Jira Service Management Application.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2020

But can you do a mixture of Premium and Standard plans for JSM and Opsgenie now? 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2020

I believe to Integrate with Opsgenie properly you have to be on a paid plan on Opsgenie, if i'm not mistaken.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Standard and Premium are both paid, and we are doing that. But I want Standard JSM with Premium Opsgenie. I don't want to be forced into Premium JSM just because I have Premium Opsgenie. 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2020

I'm not sure about that, probably worth asking Atlassian Customer Advocate on how  that works.

Manoj Joshi December 21, 2022

I have made the sandbox, I can see it on my desktop. However, my colleagues can not see the Sandbox. Do I need to publish it or something special to make it visible for other users in the company? Please advise.. Thanks

Marion Stewart September 21, 2023

Is there a way to stop copying data from production to sandbox once it starts?

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2023

@Manoj Joshi 

Are you using Jira cloud. Does your colleagues Org Admin access?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events