Powerful ways to use ChatGPT as Jira admin

Hi Community,

ChatGPT is part of our day-to-day life. We cannot ignore it.
As a Jira admin, new inspiring opportunities for using ChatGPT are here.
While Atlassian will soon bring new AI capabilities into Jira, you can use ChatGPT to assist with your admin work.
I wrote an article with four use cases of leveraging ChatGPT for code generation, helping Jira admin challenges.

How do you use ChatGPT on your day-to-day work on your Jira instance?
Please share if you have more exciting use cases for Jira lovers.
I hope you find the article helpful.

4 Powerful ways to use ChatGPT as Jira admin 

9 comments

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2023

A very well thought article, thank you for the ideas and the examples. I've asked Bing for help with JQL expressions and it works as charm.

What do you use ChatGPT most in your work for?

Like Gal Fatal likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2023

Thanks for writing this Gal. I appreciate you doing the leg work so I don't have to do as much.  :-)

And we need to be proactive with this to use it for good. 

Matthias Ortner June 20, 2023

Nice, thanks!

Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2023

Great article.

I tend to use ChatGPT daily ... but it hasn't become an automatism yet.

I still waste too much time before I realize I could've asked chatGpt :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2023

Excellent list of great uses for ChatGPT.

You do need to be aware of its limitations though.  For example, when I asked it to write a script for Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud, it told me there's no such app.  When corrected, it gave me a DC script.

ChatGPT is utterly terrible at answering questions here in the Community because it has no understanding of the software.  It tries to give generic answers for DC and Cloud, but does not recognise that they are different.  It invents functions that do not exist, and uses imprecise wording.

If you know how to ask it the right question (as Gal shows us in the article), and it has been trained on the right data, then it's a great tool.  But always doubt and check the answer it gives you.

Like # people like this
Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2023

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , I agree. We need to know what to ask, treat ChatGPT only as a helper friend, and carefully check his answers.

Lack he cannot replace us yet :)

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Arthur Coelho Pinto June 20, 2023

Thanks @Gal Fatal , great article!

As a new member of atlassian community, i'm sure these tips will help me out.

How do you ask ChatGPT when you need a groovy script for ScriptRunner? ;) 

I appreciate your atention!

Like # people like this
Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2023

Thanks @Arthur Coelho Pinto , since this is hot now, I am going to write new article how to use ChatGPT specifically for ScriptRunner. Stay tuned.

Like Arthur Coelho Pinto likes this
Bill Goodall March 20, 2024

This is interesting. Did you experiment with using ChatGPT to help you design ScriptRunner commands or API calls to change configuration on a project, ex change the workflow assigned to projects, or put all projects with a Jira Category = XYZ to use context ABC on a certain custom field? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events