Enhanced Jira board and backlog

463 comments

Lisa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2023

Thanks for the feedback @Stephen Whittle - this isn't what we'd expect to see. Would you be available for a call to demo the issue? You can see my calendar here: https://calendly.com/lsutherland1/30min. We'd have a gift card for you as a thank you for your time! Alternatively you can share screenshots/videos directly with me at lsutherland@atlassian.com 

Lauren Benson August 25, 2023

Please fix DateTime fields showing as 'relative dates' on Board cards.    Fine if relative is the default, but there must be a way for the Board Admin to adjust how the field displays on cards.  If you cannot make it configurable, better that exact date is displayed.   Showing relative dates makes our Board completely useless as the whole purpose is for precise daily scheduling.  Hovering separately over each dateTime field does not allow for at-a-glance overview of the day's tasks.  

Like S_ Francoeur likes this
Sören von Sebelin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2023

I have very strong hope for the performance finally being good enough to not feel like wading through honey.

Unfortunately I already see, that you didn't deactivate the automatic expand-on-mouseover of the left-side-menu. One of the most frustrating UX issues in confluence & jira, next to the performance.

Like Marc Nerenberg likes this
John Haworth August 25, 2023

@Eoin I've noticed a bit of an issue. 

Showing Epic link works fine when the epics are in the same project as the tickets 

However Where we are using parent link, the Epic link is being shown in the backlog as the ticket title on tickets in the same issue hierarchy as epics 

So in our case we have an issue type called Improvement which is at the same level as epic in the hierarchy 

Those issues are pulled in to a backlog by a filter that picks up more than 1 project 

The tasks under that parent don't have the epic link on (which would be useful) But when we have the epic link turned on in the backlog we see the parents with the ticket name on the ticket. Then duplicated again under the epic link label 

Like Karine VANEL likes this
Dan H August 25, 2023

Really glad for these improvements and changes!

However hiding the Epics and Versions ON/OFF toggles now in drop-down menus is one of the things I dislike the most. Sometimes we want to be able to quickly show/hide these panels to free up board space when presenting to the team.

Only now we have to go through extra clicks and steps to just to show/hide, so it's counter-productive moving them to a more hidden place.

Hopefully they can be brought back out to the left-hand side again. Thank you!

Like Karen Aiken likes this
Barış Özer August 26, 2023

Amazing ((:

Like Lisa likes this
Matt Richards August 28, 2023

@eoin - I've just spun up two new projects in jira and we don't have the "Enhance my board and backlog" option. Is there something we need to do to enable this? 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2023

Hi @Walter Buggenhout

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate you taking the time to detail these scenarios. 

If you're available for a call, it would be great to further unpack and discuss your insights. You can see my calendar here: https://calendly.com/lsutherland1/30min. We'd have a gift card for you as a thank you for your time!

Lisa
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2023

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Sören von Sebelin Have you seen any improvement in the performance with the new enhancements? Feel free to email further details directly at lsutherland@atlassian.com. 

Like Sören von Sebelin likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2023

Thank you for your feedback @Dan H! You can also open/close the epic and version panel using the 'e' and 'v' keyboard shortcuts. Let me whether you find that improves your experience? 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Hi @Matt Richards

You shouldn't need to do anything on your side. Are your two new projects Company-Managed Projects? You can check this on the bottom left corner on your project page.

Otherwise I would assume that your organisation has enrolled in release tracks and that you are not a product admin. Let me know if that's not the case! 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Thanks for your feedback @Lauren BensonCould you please confirm whether this was a feature you had available prior to the turning on the enhancements?

Matt Richards August 29, 2023

Lisa,

They are company-managed products. I am a product admin. The release tracks for jira and confluence are set to "Continuous". 

Please advise. 

Lauren Benson August 29, 2023

@Lisa  thanks for checking in.  Yes we can currently see actualDateTime on Board Cards, but they switch to relativeDateTime in the Enhanced view.  Hopefully my screenshots will post below: 

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 18.47.18.png

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 18.51.49.png

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Lisa
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Thanks @Matt Richards - Could you please share your instance name and associated email and I'll ask the team to investigate this. Feel free to email me this directly at lsutherland@atlassian.com 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Thanks @Lauren Benson  for sharing this. Are you able to please share a screenshot of your card layout settings? You can find this Board Configuration > Card Layout. Feel free to email this information directly to lsutherland@atlassian.com. 

Like Lauren Benson likes this
Christoffer Karlsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2023

I have not read all previous comments yet, so maybe this is already reported.

When I enable the enhancement, the columns no longer gets "highlighted" when dragging an issue, to show the potential available column to put the issue at. As soon as I switch off the enhancement, this starts working  again.

Marian Mengert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 31, 2023

Hi @Lisa 

I'd like to address an issue that I hope I haven't overlooked in the previous comments:

When a Sprint is being planned and we have an issue that has already been started (which happens from time to time), we currently have the option to display the “Remaining” sum of issues next to the original “Estimate”:
Backlog old view.png
As you can imagine, this is rather useful for planning the work that can be Done in the Sprint. With the enhanced backlog, however, we don’t have this “Remaining” value displayed any more:
Backlog enhanced view.png
Is there an option to display this value again?

Additionally (but a low priority feature request): While I find the enhanced backlog functionalities rather handy, it would be lovely to have an option to set a view-only mode. I’m thinking of scenarios where you are quickly scrolling through the backlog (maybe even using your laptop's touchpad) when in a rush and see the danger of unintentionally changing something you don’t mean to change…

Thank you in advance for your support.

Orly Dahan August 31, 2023

Hi,

I have noticed that the button "Move to Done" for tickets does not exist in the new board view.
Usually, it was here:Pic1.png

Note that when I change to the old view, the button exists:

Pic2.png

Are you planning to move this button back?

Like Kris Muhi likes this
Kyle Mitchell September 5, 2023

@Lisa - Regarding your response (copied below).  What do you suggest I do know to be able to Ctrl-F an issue when I'm viewing the backlog.  The only option I have right now is disable Enhanced Backlog view and use the old view when running my triage meetings.

Hi @Kyle Mitchell 

Thank you for sharing your feedback! As you've mentioned, this is related to how we load issues in the new UI. We will be exploring some product workarounds for this browser behaviour and share where we get to. 

VS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 5, 2023

Hello @Eoin!

Please disregard, I've figured out the problem. It was the Quick Filter. 

I noticed that the Quick Filters do not work with the Epic & Type filters on the board. 

For example, if I select the 'Recently Updated' Quick Filter and Type=Story I do not get any results on the board even though I do have recently updates stories. 

This functionality is working in the backlog though. Is this working as intended or is it a bug? 

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2023

Thank you again @Donny Gison , @Arun Krishna , @Walter Buggenhout  for sharing your feedback. As an update to my previous response - While we are keen to iterate on the sprint badge logic in the future, we've heard your feedback and have made the decision to maintain the previous approach to how sprint badges are calculated. This means the sprint badges will be based on column position, not status category. You should see this change reflected in your backlog by the end of this week. Moving forward, we will be investigating how we can update the sprint badges to better accommodate a variety of use cases. If you have any additional thoughts or feedback on this, feel free to email me directly at lsutherland@atlassian.com. 

Like Donny Gison likes this
Jisu Lee September 6, 2023

Hi, the feature toggle doesn't seem to work for us. We would like to use the old board view, but are currently unable to do so.

Chuck Oleary September 6, 2023

I like the new enhanced board but I have 1 board that will not load with it on.
I need to go to another board and toggle off the feature, then go back to the board that would not load and it is fine at that point.

The only unique think with this board is that the original board owner of is no longer with the company.  I was thinking that since this is a per-person setting could that be an issue?

Lisa
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2023

Hi @John Haworththank you for sharing this. The team are currently investigating this. I'll let you know once I have an update! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events