Automating the creation of a Confluence page linked to a Jira ticket

31 comments

MollyJo Tighe January 6, 2023

@Esther Strom Just want to start off by saying that this tutorial really unlocked some huge time savings for me and the team. Incredibly highly appreciated, thank you for putting it together and how clear it was.

Question from a newbie - is it possible to do something similar to Edit a current Confluence document? In particular if I wanted to edit title, tags, or other more easily accessible content or populate variables from my original POST Confluence article creation. 

Use case: I use a POST as described above to create Internal Release Notes when a version is created in Jira. I fill in relevant information using lookups, but over time that information may change and so it would be great to edit that same document later when the version releases. 

Thank you again so much for this article plus all the time you've spent answering questions!

Mikey_Heather-Brash March 2, 2023

Hi @Esther Strom I've set up an automation rule to generate a page on confluence every week along with the jira ticket using the automation provided. I've created a custom template and made it so that the title changes every week with the date to ensure no duplication. But I can't seem to figure out if there is a way to generate the link between the confluence page and the jira ticket using the automation. I was hoping you could help.

Carlos Gaona June 14, 2023

Hello, team. Anyone knows if I can change the "key" (space) for any variable for application link? I need to connect to +200 projects and I want to know if there is something that I can use to connect this automatically to Jira project and confluence space connected by Application Link.

Saira August 9, 2023

How do you retrieve the URL of the created page? 

Melissa C February 7, 2024

@Esther Strom 

Hello Esther, 

This post is very informative but I'm getting errors when I'm using the Webhook in Jira Automation,  I'm getting an 401 Error, 

I've posted questions and now one seems to be get this to work.  

Any other suggestions for struggling Jira/Confluence user?

fastcoder March 5, 2024

Just wanted to check

Can the edit confluence page when an issue gets edited be automated as well?

If so how do I proceed/ Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events