Automate online site-backups for Jira and Confluence without programming

62 comments

Gregor Mitchell January 4, 2023

@César Muñoz I've been trying to get a Linux script to work for this purpose but I have been successful with the powershell version. https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/backup-jira-api-token.ps1

It works.  It's just that it requires a windows server which I don't readily have.  I've run it from my windows 11 desktop successfully.

Like # people like this
Nicolás Guzmán January 25, 2023

Thanks @K_ Yamamoto for your efforts. 

I'm also wondering if this implementation might work for automating Jira Cloud backups for Server?, I mean, to get a backup that I can restore in a Server instance.

Finally, since this backup doesn't include information in Jira Assets, is there any way we can generate one by Automations?

Like # people like this
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

Hi @Nicolás Guzmán 

I don't believe a backup taken from the cloud can be restored back into a server instance.

Unfortunately I don't believe there is a solution for Automations backup at this point.

BTW - We are building support for Jira Assets both backup & granular restore in our Revyz backup as a service app. Happy to share more details if interested.

Like # people like this
Maria Korolenko March 13, 2023

For anyone looking for  "one tool backs up everything, I'd recommend Rewind. We backup Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket. GitHub as well if you're using it. 

Jira Service Management and Jira Work Management are included in Jira backups. 

It's SOC2 compliant and users who are HIPAA compliant are using Rewind as well. 

The Atlassian team recommends us as their third-party backups for Confluence.  

Like # people like this
Krzysztof Przeor May 9, 2023

Hi, I will run the powershell script
https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/backup-jira-api-token.ps1
When I want to automate the download process through the task scheduler, the download hangs :/ The problem does not occur when the script is run manually. With the task scheduler it always hangs from when the copy exceeded 10gb, sometimes 500mb will be downloaded, sometimes 6gb and the file is corrupted. Anyone had this problem and know a solution?

Like # people like this
Dominik Spescha July 20, 2023

Hi everyone
I'm trying to use the Backup script for Jira Cloud. I always get the error "{"message":"Client must be authenticated to access this resource.","status-code":401}" Does anyone know how to solve this? I also tried to modify the curl to use the API Token but still the same.

Like ashleytse likes this
Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2023

Nice job!

adithya October 15, 2023

image.png

Hi,

i have this issue when try to create automation. i fill the headers based on this article.

any idea how to fix it ?

adithya October 16, 2023

Hi,

i got Response412Precondition Failed when i try this automation.

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:01:23 GMT

Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8

Server: AtlassianEdge

Timing-Allow-Origin: *

X-Arequestid: 4dcc80c09590f25e75b01c40059d1e74

Set-Cookie: atlassian.xsrf.token=4254168488df260eeb94784904a3d937e984e26e_lin; Path=/; SameSite=None; Secure

X-Aaccountid: 6024c219f6e6c500690f1077

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, no-transform

X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block

Atl-Traceid: 904a6919255d3d46

Report-To: {"endpoints": [{"url": "https://dz8aopenkvv6s.cloudfront.net"}], "group": "endpoint-1", "include_subdomains": true, "max_age": 600}

Nel: {"failure_fraction": 0.001, "include_subdomains": true, "max_age": 600, "report_to": "endpoint-1"}

Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Nagabharana S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2023

Hi @K_ Yamamoto ,

Just wanted to understand if the above shared steps to backup Jira cloud (auto) would track its activity in logs?

cc : @Aarti Jadhav 

Like # people like this
bhanu teja December 20, 2023

Hi @K_ Yamamoto 

we have a requirement In cloud to auto backup I tried the above steps in automation but throwing errorin automation can you please help on this

error.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events