Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting within Jira Work Management

Denise Pickering July 11, 2023

I'm using Jira Work Management for my team.  I'm trying to create reports using the reports tab.   When I create a pie chart report, it seems to be pulling in all the subtasks along with the tasks.  Is there any way to exclude the subtasks and have the report only pull the main tasks?  

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2023

Hello @Denise Pickering 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Yes, there is a way to do that.

Go to the Filters menu and select Advanced Issue Search.

Create a filter to select the issues you want from the Work Management project, excluding the subtasks.

Save the filter.

Then, in the first page of creating the Pie Chart, click on the link to Change Filter or Project and select the filter you saved.

Denise Pickering July 12, 2023

Thank you Trudy! 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2023

You're welcome.

If your question has been addressed satisfactorily, please consider marking the Answer and Accepted to help other users find posts with validated solutions.

Denise Pickering July 13, 2023

I followed your tips today and was able to build the exact report I was hoping to!  Thanks again! 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2023

Hi @Denise Pickering,

This article on our blog might be of great help for you: An effective dashboard for Service Desk and Customer Support teams in Jira Service Management 

As you will see, you can build powerful reports in Jira or Confluence with our Great Gadgets app. 

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut M.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events