cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i change the board filters

Johann Cardona Schranz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2023

I am creating a new team-manged jira work management project but when i bring up the board the contents of the swim lanes do not match that of a basic filter by status ... the board saying 42 with the filter showing many more....

I have read that there are board filters which automatically filter by workflow status and that there is an option i board settings which allow your to customize these but i cant find that option in my instance by pressing more on the left of the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

Hi Johann,

How are you accessing the board filter? You really don't have direct access to that. Are you really referring to the List view? I will assume so, but regardless, yes, the board will only show issues for a single workflow at a time. So if you have one workflow used by all issues on the project, then all issues will show on the board. 

If you have multiple workflows, you will need to click the More button to change the workflow to see the issues associated with that workflow. The List view will show all issues. 

If you need a more flexible and capable board, you can create a second JSW board. Here are the details for doing that:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events