Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for tickets staying in status

Yuliia Vyborova August 16, 2023

Hello!
I need to build automation for tickets that stay in specific status more than X days that will send alert notification to Assignee that they should move the ticket to a different status. 
If ticket is in Status 'In Review" 14 days, send notification in Slack to Assignee. Is it possible to do via Jira Automations? If yes, then what logic I need to build? Appreciate help with this!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Serosoft Jira Administrator August 16, 2023

Hi @Yuliia Vyborova See if these steps help you:

1. Create a "Scheduled Automation" which may run say everyday 9 am

2.  Add Component->Add a condition->JQL Condition

3. Use JQL like "project ="xxx" and status in ("In Review") and status changed TO "In Review" BEFORE startOfDay(-14d)

4. Add an action

5. Either "Send Email" or "Send Slack" message. 

Yuliia Vyborova August 17, 2023

thanks! that works for me!

Like • Serosoft Jira Administrator likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2023

Hi  @Yuliia Vyborova ðŸ‘‹ 

I guess Time Between Statuses (developed by my team) will be an option for you. Add-on  measures connections in the workflow, through a transition time in specific issues. 

Also you can set email notifications for issues where the time limits have been exceeded.

You can set emails sending to notify people about issues where Warning and Critical time limits are overdue.

notifications jira.pngWhen time limits for some issues will be exceeded, people that are chosen before will receive a warning email. ticket notitfications.pngAdd-on has a 30-day free trial version and free up to 10 users. 
Please, let me know if you have any questions

Hope it helps ðŸ˜Œ
Valeriia

Yuliia Vyborova August 17, 2023

thanks! that's cool app but not sure that admin will approve it:)

Like • Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events