Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work Management FAQ

104 comments

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2023

@Stephanie Shreve 

I am just another user of the Atlassian products, albeit a very experienced one.

You may want to consult with Atlassian Sales on that topic, or an Atlassian Solution Partner. (Disclosure - I work for an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner.)

Natively, there are no special capabilities in JWM to work with external entities. People who need to interact with the projects/issues need to be granted licenses to the product to do so.

There are some alternatives that provided limited access for unlicensed users. 

This page mentions the ability to allow users to anonymously create issues using the Issue Collector functionality.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-allow-users-to-create-issues-anonymously-192551.html

Here is an example of an app that allows you to securely share issues with non-licensed users:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225074/mo-secure-share-issue-for-jira-external-share?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It really depends on the requirements of your use case. If you are not able to grant the users licensed access to the product, then you may want to instead consider if Jira Service Management would be the right solution for you.

Stephanie Shreve November 3, 2023

Thank you @Trudy Claspill  - I appreciate it!

raymond parham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2023

How do I set up a sales meeting to get Jira set up for my company?

Shawn Yarnold
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Hi All - New user to JWM here - we are moving from Monday.com to JWM.  I am building out by importing from Monday to JWM - I am deleting/hiding some columns in JWM and sharing to the correct team members, but they get the full layout with the hidden columns.  Is there a way to share a board that has my modifications to it?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events