working time Report

Karin Laurent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

My team reports the effective working time for a project in each EPic via "Report working time"

I would like to be able to evaluate these working hours within a dashboard where I can filter per employee and then display their individual working hours.
Today I can only do this for the entire working time for all employees.
Can someone tell me how I can set a filter for this?
Thank you very much

7 answers

1 vote
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Karin Laurent 

You might consider using time-tracking apps that in most cases have a customizable report of tracked time on issues.

I can recommend our Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets Pro, or Free app which offers you the possibility to review timesheets and create reports that can be configured in various ways using break-down and filtering options.

Using timesheets, you can create a report and filter it based on several options including labels, or other fields. You can choose a range for a whole year and break down the data by chosen fields. This information can be also exported to Excel files.

We have recently also developed a Team feature that allows you to create Teams which can be used in timesheet filters and breakdowns. When a team is selected for a timesheet/report, all users in the team will be included in the report even if they do not have any worklogs for the selected timeframe.

Please find below the sample of how the timesheet looks like:

gif (1).gif

If you have any questions you can contact us via our help center.

Cheers!

Gracjan

1 vote
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Karin Laurent 

Welcome to the community !!

If you would be interested in a mktplace app to get this data, you can try the add-on we have developed. You can easily view time entries by multiple resources in a single view. And also add your Jira columns in the report with the ability to export to a CSV as well. Plus add the app as a dashboard gadget too.

Worklogs Time Tracking & Timesheets

The app allows to filter/Categorize/Group By your worklogs data and a timesheet view too to track individual time spent. 

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs-Author-New.PNG

0 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2024

Hello @Karin Laurent 😌

If you're looking to filter by employee and track individual working hours, I recommend trying out Time in Status. This tool generates seven different types of status time reports, including the Assignee time report which shows how long each assignee has been working on each issue. By using this report, you can easily track the workflow of each assignee and identify any potential delays.

Assignee Time.gif

This add-on free up to 10 users, offers a 30-day free trial version and developed by my team at SaaSJet.

Hope it helps 😌

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Karin Laurent.

I am Marlene, product manager of Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

With our app you can create dashboard statistics that sum up number fields per Jira fields. E.g. with the Quick Issue Statistics gadget you could show the time spent per assignee.

It's also possible to add a second dimension, e.g. the component or issue type. All gadgets from Quick Filters can be filtered dynamically. For your use case, you could for example filter per sprint. 

You can check out our app without installation on our demo dashboards. 

quick-filters-jira_issue-statistics_time-spent-per-assignee.png

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
March 27, 2024

Hi @Karin Laurent

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you prefer using a marketplace app, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. For your case, you can have a look at Time in Status for Each Issue and Time in Assignee reports.

For further details, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

App Features:

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, resolution time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a completely free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Reports Free.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
March 27, 2024

Update on May 9th, 2024: Time in Status by OBSS was recently rebranded as Timepiece. It is still the same capable app with the same dedicated team behind it. The answer below mentions the app as "Time in Status" but you can find the app in the marketplace as "Timepiece (formerly Time in Status)". 

Hello @Karin Laurent ,

Welcome to the community!

It is not always possible for teams to log properly as they work. For this reason, many companies using JIRA include status duration calculations in their performance calculations, rather than work logs. However, there is no built in solution in Jira for this. So in order to track the time spent on each status I suggest a marketplace app. Time in Status which is developed by my team at OBSS, has a report type that will meet your need.  Our app is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

If you are interested in Status Duration Reporting rather than worklogging, I would like to give you some detailed information about our application. It is a very successful application for you to develop a reporting mechanism that will be appreciated by your teammates, team managers and senior management alike.

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or each assignee

Status Duration report (please see the screenshot above) which shows how much time each issue spent on each status. You can combine the time for multiple statuses to get metrics like Issue Age, Cycle Time, Lead Time, Resolution Time etc. Status Duration Report in Detail.png

For all numeric report types, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example total in-progress time per customer or average resolution time per sprint, week, month, issuetype, request type, etc. The ability to group by parts of dates (year, month, week, day, hour) or sprints is particularly useful here since it allows you to compare different time periods or see the trend. 

Group By Created Month.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts. And the app has a REST API so you can get the reports from Jira UI or via REST. Also you can export the reports in to various formats easily. 

Visit Time in Status to explore how our JIRA add-on can revolutionize your metrics measurement process. Enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Karin Laurent and welcome to the Community,

for proper Logged Time Reports you need 3rd Party Apps. The Jira Software Reports are only designed for tracking Estimated vs. Logged time on a project level and User Workload based on estimated times.

If you want logged hours per User with filter and grouping options, there are several Apps out there: Jira apps | Atlassian Marketplace

We are currently testing out this one for ourselves.

Suggest an answer