unclear specification for worklogDate JQL field

Tyler C
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

The worklogDate JQL field specification here is slightly unclear. does it query the worklog 'started' property, or the worklog 'created' property? If it is the former, is there some other JQL query we can use to search for the latter? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Tyler C -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

With the built-in JQL, I believe that is the "started" date / time.  That is, when the work was logged as "happening".

To search by more criteria, I believe you will need either a marketplace addon / app or to call the REST API function, providing UNIX Timestamps for the search date / time values: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-worklogs/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-worklog-get  If you want to experiment, try calling that function with a browser and use an online converter to get the timestamp values.

Kind regards,
Bill

Tyler C
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

Thanks Bill, do you know if that would have any performance impact versus the JQL query? we are using the python jira-api client at the moment.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2024

I do not know, and it would probably depend upon your usage scenario.  How do you plan to query for worklog data?

I suspect calling it for a single / few issues is no problem.  You can call it from a browser or Postman if you want to try it and gather data on performance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events