restoring license

maggiesam May 13, 2019

my server is suddenly stop working and on trying to reinstall it on another server or any other pc i can't restore data or license it tells me an error occurs on restoring license and on restoring or coping and paste the old folder of installed jira to the new one server not starting and page not found 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi Maggi,

When you get this specific error, it would help if we could take a closer look at your logs when this happens. These tend to have much more detailed exceptions that can give us clues as to why this is happening.  You can find these in either

$JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log

OR

$JIRAINSTALL/logs/catalina.out

During a setup stage, the catalina.out will definitely tell us more details.  I suspect that the database might not be setup correctly for Jira to be able to save that data, but the logs will tell us more for sure.  It sounds like you are doing a forced server migration here for Jira.  If that is the case, it might also help to try to follow the guidelines in Migrating Jira applications to another server.

Andy

Suggest an answer