"Issue can not be ranked" - How can this be changed/updated/edited?

Gus Sanchez August 28, 2011

I noticed that Greenhopper was omitting several JIRAs when compared to the regular JIRA filter. Upon further investigation, I found that the JIRAs being omitted had a ranking of "Issue can not be ranked". Is there any way to make it so that some number exists in the ranking field?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gus Sanchez September 29, 2011

I'm going to close this out. I just did a search on all open tickets and only 5 of 695 had "issue can not be ranked" and most of those were "older" items. So, I'm going to assume the system is, in fact, updating itself and that newer JIRAs are properly getting a rank number. Time heals everything, even JIRA ;-)

0 votes
Jeff Franklin January 10, 2012

Issues for which the rank says "issue can not be ranked" belong to versions that have been marked as released. Ideally for us these issues would lose their ranking along with closed issues. As it is now these unrankable issues will eventually bubble up to the top of the ranks, as it seems one can't change other issues to rank before one of these released issues.

0 votes
Gus Sanchez September 13, 2011

Update - I am finding that if I assign a "more recent" fixversion to the JIRA, the status changes from "Issue can not be ranked" to "None". If I remove that fixversion, it becomes "Issue can not be ranked." again.

Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

"None"? Do you actually have a version named None? Or do you mean Unscheduled?

Gus Sanchez September 14, 2011

Sorry, to complete the thought, I do NOT have a version named "None".

Gus Sanchez September 14, 2011

I mean unscheduled, but the text actually reads "None".

Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

Then I am out of theories. Sorry

0 votes
Gus Sanchez September 13, 2011

Unfortunately, no resolution as of yet. Have gone through the steps of optimising/repairing, but I get timeout errors for apache server. Will see if my internal admin has any better luck. Still no apparent reason as to why some JIRAs get this designation while others do not.

0 votes
Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2011

if its only on specific tickets of the same type, you might want to verify that those tickets have a rank field on the screen

Gus Sanchez August 29, 2011

Thanks. It applies multiple issue types in my case (bugs, feature change requests, etc).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2011

Check your field configurations and make sure the ranking field(s) are enabled. Then go into the project, Greenhopper admin, and then optimise/repair the field.

Suggest an answer