programatically create field values

gil April 2, 2013

In JIRA, Is it possible to programatically read values from some source, do some logic, and update a custom dropdown field? Can this be done via a plugin, or REST? Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

I got the same requirment to popup values in cascading custom field, because of an emergency to deploy I didn't got the chance to develop the code for it, I directly execute the more than tousands of query in DB directly and restarted the JIRA.

eg.

insert into customfieldoption(id,customfield,customfieldconfig,parentoptionid,sequence,customvalue,disabled)values(10713,10300,10400,10300,1,'XXX','N')

// Analyse dependencies as well for primary keys,

WORKS fine.

Regards

Onkar Ahire

0 votes
ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013
0 votes
ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

You can do this by adding new function with plugin SDK.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/HOME/Welcome

Plugin SDK comes with various environment, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Enjoy!

Suggest an answer